Sunday 22 March 2015

Wicked Inquisition - S/T (Album Review)


























Album Type: Album
Date Released: May 8th 2015
Label: Tridoid Records


Wicked Inquisition – S/T – Track Listing

Black Magik Nacht
Crimson Odyssey
Sun Flight
M.A.D.
In Shackles
Death Of Man
Tomorrow Always Knows
Wicked Inquisition

Bio


Wicked Inquisition is a doom metal band based in the Twin Cities of Minnesota. Formed in 2008 by Nate Towle, the band has found a common middle-ground in doom metal, incorporating a wide variety of influences into a powerful sound, primarily inspired by artists such as Black Sabbath, Budgie, Blue Öyster Cult, and Trouble. 

In the present, plans are to continue writing new material for a full length album. With the band's extended play "Silence Thereafter" receiving positive reception from small-scalereviewers, the band is eager to continue moving forward by writing, performing, and recording music.

Members

Nate Towle - Guitar/Vocals
Ben Stevens - Guitar
Jack Mckoskey - Drums
Jordan Anderson - Bass

Review:

Wicked Inquisition's self titled album will be released on May 9th. My only question is, where the hell was I in July of 2013 when this band released their first EP? Since this band was news to me, I hadn't heard anything from them until I was given this new album....and man, was I impressed, enlightened and inspired. I hadn't wrote a review for a while because nothing really had me wanting to write anything, or tell people just how good the music was.

Though the feeling I got when I listened to this album the first time was like hell ya's! and high fives all around. This is the music that made me fall in love with metal in the first place. It's that catchy song writing that is loaded with riffs upon riffs and a strong rhythm section with a stand-out drummer, clean vocals and solid, confident delivery. Wicked Inquisition has it all, this is a great album!

Above all, this album will stand out as the one loaded with riffs like a freight train....heavy, coming at you full force and hard to miss. The riff-meister responsible for all this is Nate Towle and he uses his guitar like The Walking Dead's Michonne uses her sword. They don't screw around, they get in and get the job done and obliterate everything in their path. Plus not only is he brilliant on his guitar he is also the lead vocalist, and at 21 years old, this guy means business.

I know I could go on and on and give you a track by track description of each song but I'm going to keep it short and sweet and just say this.....whether you are into the heaviest of heavy doom or sludge, or you prefer the ease of hard rock....you can appreciate this album for its talented musicians that have put this together. Its deserves your attention, and I bet it will earn your respect for what they have accomplished on this album. Congratulations Wicked Inquisition on your first full-length self-titled LP, I am sure we will be seeing and hearing from you guys in the future.

Words by Soshanna Scarsella

Thanks to Curtis at Dewar PR for the promo. Wicked Inquisition debut album will be released on May 8th 2015 via Tridoid Records.

For More Information

Facebook